Saturday, March 26, 2011

a rainbow in the clouds...

I may not eat the dishes you do, or prepare them in the same way,
I may not call God by the same name you do, if you even call to Him at all,
I may not dance the way you dance, or sing the way you sing, or move the way you move
I may not pray or worship the way that you do, I may not cry or hurt the same way,

but if I can live my life so that I can be a rainbow in your clouds, all of these do not matter.

And in doing so, may you also be a rainbow in my clouds, or your neighbours, or a strangers...

and when those clouds are replaced by the brilliant light of the sun, and all that we are is illuminated for all to see, cherish that those differences, like so many individual strands of thread, are woven into that magnificent multi coloured rainbow of humanity..    a rainbow in the clouds...

1 comment:

  1. I really love the first five lines of this. Just beautiful.

    Visiting via the Rewind.

    ReplyDelete