Tuesday, January 25, 2011

writing...the process

So. My Writing through Spirituality meetings started last evening, and it felt wonderful. A room full of souls who share the same passion for letting the letters flow from their fingertips onto the page, a room full of ideas and imagery, feeling and emotion.

We were given the first line of text, and asked to write for five minutes, letting the first words shape and lead us to wherever our hearts felt the need to be. The first line below, is the text given...the rest is mine...

As a child I stood on the shore of the world,
bathed in the light of Something or Someone I as of yet did not know
caressed by the breeze and warmed in the Light,
my Soul was filled and my Spirit took flight,
like so many wings above me

Lifted, soaring, spiralling higher until
My reflection was but a spot on the shoreline

Yet still feeling connected to that small child
still attached to the shore and the water,
still breathing the salty air

still held by the light....

1 comment:

  1. Amazing words that paint beautiful images of love, light, comfort & exhilaration at the same time. Nothing like connecting with nature at the oceanside to sense the peace and power of God.

    ReplyDelete