Thursday, June 9, 2011

home...


home is where the heart is, so the saying goes, not sure if I am completely on board with that, it's definitely where my "stuff" is.. bits and bods, this and that, treasures and mementos picked up along this life path.. but my heart, it can be found many places besides my humble abode...

as the song says "I've left my heart..." in many places on this planet... Adelaide AUS for example.. spent 4 months there years ago and the sweet, warm Aussies, kept a piece of my heart when I came back to Canada... as did the Jamaicans in Montego Bay when I took my sister there for her 21st birthday... their cool accent, wonderful food and amazing azure blue clean waters... yup, you can definitely find my heart there sipping some Appleton Rum... a piece of me stayed behind in London, at St Paul's Cathedral, on Tower Bridge, in Piccadilly Circus...

don't get me wrong, I love my home, cozy and warm, kittens curled up sleeping on various surfaces that they find comfortable, my garden growing and bursting into bloom and sweet scent... a place to hide myself away from anything and anyone when the soul needs some down time... a place to show off my entertaining skills, my party prowess if you will, loving and laughing with friends and family...

where is it for you? your home... is it where you are now, is it someplace you have come from and long to return to... personal and private, inviting and warm, is it the place where your heart is.... home

4 comments:

  1. I'm a bit of a gypsy...I've yet to find one place to call home. So maybe I'll just be citizen of the world, and like you, give my heart to many places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left a piece in Scotland on the labyrinth at Iona.Pieces in the Catskills, where I spent summers as a child.Long Island ,where I grew up under the maples with childhood friends.
    But I feel as you do about my screened-in porch overlooking the woods in Georgia.This is my heart's home.Thank you for this lovely post.Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart is with my people. Wherever they are, I will be home.

    That being said, I live in my hometown and am happy about it. The land here is so very amazing. I'm in the Driftless Zone in Wisconsin. When the glaciers were covering every piece of land they could find, they literally split and went around this area.

    I also have a house I've been in for about 6 months, and I have to say - I love my house. I think that I love it because of how much of myself I have been able to put into it.

    Would I live elsewhere? In the right circumstances, but they would have to be just right. In the meantime, I think I'll just travel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my heart is here in Chicago. I love to travel, but coming home is my comfort. my peeps, my love, my dogs and my daily grind.

    me lurves it!

    ReplyDelete