Monday, June 27, 2011

with the flow...



I recently purchased a "new to me" DSLR camera and have been having a blast learning to optimize my switch to the digital world... I have been a film holdout until this year and still have a film camera for those outings where I want to live on the edge with not being able to look at the pics until after developing.


I  took a photo seminar that was offered locally a few weeks ago and learned how to use a longer shutter speed to create the silk look of flowing water... playing with ISO and Aperture to create some interesting slow shots...


the flowing column fountains come out looking like tall ghosts with silky trails at their feet...







looks like sweet melting icing...


so much fun to slow everything down and stretch out the oxygen bubbles into white satin... these are all as they came out of the camera.. I have not retouched any of these images in post production...


was a fun afternoon of crawling around this courtyard, trying out different shutter speeds.....


I am enjoying my passion for photography in conjunction with my writing... both a great outlet for creativity and exploration... what do you indulge in that takes you away from the day to day and fills your mind with unlimited possibilities...

No comments:

Post a Comment