Saturday, August 6, 2011

freaky photos...


These were taken on my photo walk today guided by a local photographer who set up a 2 hour teaching seminar. These were produced by using a Canon EOS 50D, 1/10 shutter speed, 100 ISO, and a f16 aperture. The original subject is a stand of trees, some purple and the rest green with the scattered cloudy sky in the background for the light source.




once you have the shot set up, twist the body or drop the lens camera as you take the shot creating these "paint with light" unusual photos. swing the camera to one side as a different effect.




these images are exactly as they come from the camera. I have not touched them at all in any type of post production process.






this shot of the grass was achieved by focusing in on the ground and manually twisting the lens to zoom as you depress the shutter button.



was a funky afternoon of photo fun for sure!

4 comments:

  1. They're pretty cool, I'll have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a fun "twist" on a landscape scene for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These make me dizzy. LOL.

    Very cool images. I am shopping for a new camera. Let me know how you like the Canon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mila, I LOVE my Canon! This is the best camera I have ever owned hands down... easy to learn, well supported, great accessories... did I mention I love my Canon?

    ReplyDelete