Monday, August 15, 2011

texture and grain...


all my life experience adds texture and grain to my being,
ragged edges, smooth surfaces, shredded silhouettes,
tears and scars, pock marks and divots...
texture and grain makes me unique and uncommon,
yet links me to the rest of humanity who are also decorated
in the same way...

 


battle scars of long past clashes serve as a reminder of past glory,
the well worn surfaces rubbed smooth by gentle caress,
each line and wrinkle speaks of experience and wisdom...
molded and shaped by the externals of our existence,
curled and peaked, stripped bare and moss covered,
each metamorphosis ebbs and flows leaving its mark...

 


layer by layer we grow and reach for who we are to become,
bathed in consciousness and awareness...
hearts open to what and where our journey has lead and leads us on to...
each furrow holds insight and recognition of the fluid stream of our lives,
embrace your texture, appreciate your grain...
seize the being standing before you as a representation of all that you are,
all that you have accomplished, and all that you are chosen to be...

 

4 comments:

  1. Deep thoughts. I like the pictures to make you think how about how things really are, and that is not always so smooth and shiny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks JA. We all have our own texture and I think that is wahta fascinates me about people.. same same but different..
    thanks for stopping by..

    ReplyDelete
  3. The words and images are evocative and beautiful here. I tend to look at everything in life differently...more deeply, perhaps. I know I see beauty in unexpected places, and I see that you are of similar mindset. Without flaws, life is one dimensional and bland. Imperfections are what make us beautiful, I think.

    Namaste',
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Dawn... I try to see this life through different views, it keeps it fresh and exciting. A different path for sure...

    ReplyDelete